Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Storage, asset management and archive. Where does it all go?

Storage, asset management and archive. Where does it all go?:

I’m guessing most people who know me or read Wide Open Camera’s blog were expecting that I would make a post on high-speed for me next entry.  That will come at a later time but today’s post is on something fairly important that most of us don’t take seriously until its too late.  What do I do with all my data?  Clearly videotape is dead to 95% of the market if not more and file based workflows are where we have been for the past 5 years and into the future.  So where do we put all that data?  We used to pop a tape or film-stock masters on the shelf (ideally in a climate controlled vault) and knew that a decade later we could pull footage and have confidence that our art (or crap) was safe.  That is not the case anymore.

More...

No comments: