Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Setting Up Promise for Direct Attached Storage

Setting Up Promise for Direct Attached Storage:
With the advent of the latest Promise Arrays, I’m starting to see more and more environments stacking a boat load of shelves of storage on top of one another (e.g. for CrashPlan). As such, it occurs to me that I haven’t really covered the initial configuration of a Promise here. The way I like to set them up is using configuration scripts. I’ve been using different iterations of the same scripts for a long time. This script is meant to automatically format 1 E and 7 Js of Promise storage and setup the LUNs named EData1, EData2, J1Data1 and J1Data2, J2Data1, J2Data2, etc. These LUNs and their controller configuration is meant to be used for Direct Attached Storage (although swap out readcache w/ readahead).

More...

No comments: