Saturday, October 15, 2011

Turn Project Archives Into Real Money

Turn Project Archives Into Real Money:
Image
In my continuing effort to find a solid, reliable and affordable solution for long term archival of our editing projects, I have spent the last 12 months testing and creating a workflow for yet another product solution. Unlike when I reviewed the Cache~a a few years back (the positive review since removed from the site), I decided to spend a lot more time really running it through the paces. I learned my lesson the hard way with the Prime Cache and made changes to my review process.

More...



כתבה מאד מעמיקה ומפורטת.
הכותב עובד שלב שלב על המערך של החברה שלהם, האופציות שעמדו בפניו ולבסוב את השיטה שהם בחרו.
לקראת סוף הכתבה הוא עובר במהירות על מונח חדש יחסית בתחום הגיבוי והארכיון. מונח בשם LTFS.
Linear Tape File System זו בעצם מערכת קבצים חדשה שפותחה בעיקר בעזרת IBM שמאפשרת להתיחס לקלטות LTO כדיסק לכל דבר. זה אומר שאפשר להשתמש בסכמות נפוצות של סנכרון והשוואה ברמת מערכת הפעלה, לעומת שימוש בתוכנות גיבוי יעודיות כמו Retrospect וBackup Exec.
נראה שקלות השימוש במערכת הקבצים הזו מאד אטרקטיבית בעיקר לשוק המדיה ובטח נראה אותה יותר ויותר בזמן הקרוב.

No comments: