Monday, October 3, 2011

adobe + iridas = fcp dead « pro • active • ly

adobe + iridas = fcp dead « pro • active • ly
You can view the official press release here and read a nice explanation of the acquisition here. As history repeats itself and Adobe snaps up a $20K+ color grading app just like Apple did when they acquired Silicon Color, distributors of Final Touch, I am here to officially pronounce Final Cut Studio dead. Maybe you were hanging on with Apple’s recent move to put copies of FCS 3 back on the shelves but I’ve got a 500 dollar door stop, err, copy of Shake that serves as a reminder of Apple’s retail strategy for EOL’ed professional applications. Final Cut Studio, oh how I loved you and the amazing opportunities you provided me during the first nearly ten years of my still exciting and passionate career. Oh how I will mourn your passing and will miss you and will remember all the great times we had together. So long and thanks for all the fish. Now, back to the world of the living.


More...

No comments: