Friday, June 24, 2011

Workflow: Adobe Premiere Intro and FCP 7 roundtrip

Workflow: Adobe Premiere Intro and FCP 7 roundtrip:
I’ve been a Final Cut Pro user for more than 6 years, well before I started to shoot video (I used it for photo slide shows when I was at The New York Times.) I started to test out the waters with Adobe’s CS5.5 Production Suite a few months ago as it supported HDSLR footage natively (Adobe’s Mercury engine doesn’t need to convert the footage in order to edit it, and that can speed things up significantly during an edit or when you’re on deadline.) I also needed to familiarize myself with software that others could use on both a Mac and PC (which CS 5.5 does – in fact you can transfer your projects back and forth seemlessly between both platforms on the same HD/USB stick in case you were curious.)

More...

אס מסתבר שאפשר לייצא XML מפרמייר, ולייבא אותו לתוך פיינל קאט, ואז לייצא מפיינל קאט, ולייבא לפרמייר. זה כל כך פשוט. צריך פרמייר 5.5 בשביל זה (אולי גם אפשר על גרסאות קודמות) וצריך פיינל קאט שיודע לייצא ולייבא דברים - כלומר לא פיינל קאט X.
לפני כמה שנים יצא לי לעבוד (לא לערוך) על פרמיר והוא הוכיח את עצמו כאולר שוויצרי של פוסט פרודקשן. בנוסף, ההתממשקות שלו עם פוטושופ ואפטר אפקטס זה חתיכת פיצ'ר יעיל.

No comments: