Monday, June 20, 2011

Anatomy of an Edit Suite

Anatomy of an Edit Suite: "
You’re looking at a photograph of Edit Suite 1 at our new facility, and it’s the one I use daily. The one question I get more than anything else is “What’s in your edit suite?” followed by “Why do you have that?” So I figured, let’s break it all down here step by step. Now the first thing everyone wants to talk about is the computer and hardware inside the computer. But when designing an edit suite, that’s just one component and definitely has zero to do with comfort. The computer is just a box and that box will make you more or less efficient depending on how you configure it. But the suite needs to be designed for comfort in addition to efficiency. I’ve designed 5 different facilities now and the basic design is usually the same. My goal when putting together a room is to ensure comfort for both the client and the editor. After all, I’m an editor too, so more than anything else, I want to make sure the editor has a very comfortable and efficient space to sit at when those 10 hour days stretch into 14, 20 hours or more. I have links at the bottom of this article for everything I show you here including the reseller from whom I purchased just about everything from.
More...


למרות שלא הייתי משתמש בדיוק באותו ציוד או עיצוב, המאמר הזה מאד מפורט ואפשר ללמוד הרבה מהנמוקים שלו לגבי בחירת המרכיבים. אמנם התרשים הזה מתאר סטדויו שנותן שירותים למגוון רחב של הפקות, אך תמיד חשוב לשאול בבניית חדר עריכה (או כל פונקציה אחרת) את האשלות הבאות:
האם הציוד נותן מענה לסוג הלקוחות/פרוייקטים שלי?
האם העלות של החדר ריאלית ביחס למחירים שאני גובה על החדר?
האם הקונפיגורציה מאפשרת לי גמישות בגדילה/הרחבה בעתיד?
מה טיב התמיכה והשירות שאוכל לקבל על הציוד?
האם צוות הסטודיו יודע לתמוך במערכות או שנזקקת עזרה חיצונית?
האם מפעילי החדר מכירית את התוכנות/הציוד הנבחר?
האם אוכל לשנות את היעוד של החדר בעתיד? לדוגמא מחדר עריכה לחדר אפקטים, תיקוני צבעים, אנימציה, סאונד וכו'
זאת ועוד...

No comments: